The Haines City Fire Department was founded January 24, 1922 when the city commission passed a $75,000 bond. They allocated $10,000 to purchase a new fire truck. On January 23, 1923 the City of Haines City took delivery of a new American LaFrance fire truck that sits in the lobby area on display of our main station located at 138 N. 11th Street Haines City, Florida 33844. It was not until the 1960’s the Haines City Fire Department had any type of paid firefighters, before that it was run by an all-volunteer staff.
As we fast forward into our current day and duties of the fire department has vastly changed over the last 96 years. Today the department currently has two stations and responds to more than 4,000 calls a year for service in our 21 square mile city with a 54 square mile service area.